Here are all the measures and programs concerning businesses and employees announced by the various levels of government.
This information will be updated everyday.
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) with CRA
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
- $500 milllion COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for cultural, heritage and sport organizations
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) of 75 per cent for qualifying businesses, for up to 3 months, retroactive to March 15, 2020.
- More time to pay income taxes. Allows all businesses to defer, until after August 31, 2020, the payment of any income tax amounts that become owing on or after March 18 and before September 2020.
- Deferral of Sales Tax Remittance and Customs Duty Payments until June. Allows businesses, including self-employed individuals, to defer until June 30, 2020 payments of the GST/HST, as well as customs duty owing on their imports.
GOVERNMENT OF QUEBEC
- Temporary aid for workers program
- Emergency support for small and medium-sized businesses ( French Only )
- Concerted temporary action program for businesses (PACTE)
- Continued employment (PACME) (French only)
- Incentive program to retain essential workers (IPREW)
- Deadline for filing taxes extended to June 1st
- Suspension of tax payments until July 31st for businesses
- All retail stores in the Montreal area with street access will be able to reopen as of May 18th 2020.
- Sanitary measures guide for retail businesses (French only)
CITY OF MONTREAL
City of Montreal information phone line is available to you from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday at (514) 394-1793
- Second instalment of municipal taxes postponed
Owners have until September 1st, 2020 to pay the second instalment of their annual property taxes and the SDC membership fees.
- Emergency financial assistance
$5 million assistance fund to support sectors that have been hit hardest in the short term: retail businesses, social economy, creative and cultural industries and tourism.
- Automatic moratorium on capital and interest The PME MTL network is offering an automatic, six-month moratorium on capital and interest to private and social economy businesses who have received a loan through the PME MTL fund, Fonds Locaux de Solidarité and Fonds de commercialisation des innovations. The city will pay the portion of interest during this period. For more information, contact your PME MTL advisor.
- Free guidance to accelerate your digital transition (Form in French)